We all want to look and feel our best. Visiting a spa is a great way to pamper yourself and enjoy beauty or relaxation treatments, but there’s another option that can provide even more benefits! A medical spa offers many of the same treatments as a regular spa, as well as additional nonsurgical services that require medical supervision.
Difference Between a Medi Spa and a Regular Spa
The biggest difference between a medical spa, also known as a medi spa, and a regular spa is that the former is supervised by a medical professional such as a board-certified dermatologist. Because of this, they can offer more advanced treatments that usually produce more effective and longer lasting results. The ability to mix and match from the best medical and cosmetic services helps medi spa staff personalize a treatment plan that most effectively helps you achieve the results you want. While regular spas often provide superficial effects that can help you feel and look more relaxed and refreshed, medi spas address more fundamental issues for results that last longer.
SLMA Dermatology Clinic’s Meghan Mella is a master aesthetician and massage therapist with more than ten years of experience in the spa and cosmetic industry. She enjoys working in the med spa environment because she says, “Medi spas are an ideal way to give clients the best services possible to help them meet their goals. I love helping people discover the treatments they need to get results that meet, and often exceed, their expectations!”
What is a Medical Aesthetician?
Medical aestheticians, like Mella, are skincare specialists who go through extensive training and are credentialed in their field. They provide advanced skincare that ranges from analyzing skin types to performing a wide range of noninvasive skin treatments.
Benefits of Visiting a Medical Spa
Regular visits to a medi spa can help you look and feel your best. Here are a few of the potential benefits of visiting a medical spa:
- Improve skin
- Boost self-esteem
- Clear your mind
- Look and feel refreshed
- Reduce stress
- Improve confidence
- Reduce the appearance of wrinkles
Benefits of Receiving Spa Treatments Under a Doctor’s Supervision
“Visiting a medical spa gives you access to a wider range of treatment options than just your average spa menu,” said Mella. “Having board-certified dermatologists Doctors Mark Neal and Alexis Duke supervising treatments and creating customized treatment plans allows patients to meet their skincare goals.”
Some of the benefits to receiving spa treatments under medical supervision of a board-certified dermatologist include:
- Advanced treatment options – Certain skincare and cosmetic services require a doctor’s supervision; these are available at a medi spa so you have access to a wider range of options to help you get the best treatment possible.
- Expert advice – The medical professionals at a medi spa have the expertise to help guide you to the services and skincare products that will be the most effective for treating your condition. They can provide information about the benefits of each type of treatment and product, as well as any potential side effects.
- Calming environment – A medi spa is the best of both worlds for many people. It offers the calm and relaxing environment of a spa with the expertise and professional environment of a medical dermatology clinic.
- Advanced technology – Medical spas not only have medical professionals on staff, but they also provide a range of technology-based treatments and medical tests. This allows the staff to personalize a treatment plan to best fit your needs that utilizes the most appropriate services available.
- Top treatments and equipment – Turning to a medi spa first can help you improve your skin and appearance without having to undergo a more invasive surgical procedure. Spa programs use top treatments and equipment to make all services as safe and effective as possible.
Types of Services Offered at a Medi Spa
Medi spas offer a variety of treatments usually related to skincare or cosmetic treatments. According to Mella, “One of the biggest advantages of visiting a medical spa is the wide range of personalized service options we offer to patients.”
Some of the medi spa treatments available at SLMA Dermatology Clinic include:
- Massage therapy
- Chemical peels
- Botox and wrinkle treatments
- Facial fillers
- Laser hair removal
- Skin tightening
- Acne treatments
- Pigmentation treatments
Medi spas are a great way to take advantage of medical and spa settings so you can have access to the best of both worlds. Call 985-868-1810 or visit our dermatology page to learn more about the medi spa treatments and services offered at SLMA Dermatology Clinic and to schedule your appointment with Aesthetician Meghan Mella today!